A New Job?
It felt unreal this morning when I had to get dressed to go to work. I watched baby girl wake up in search of me next to her. When I was not, she yelled out, "Hey!" I naturally laid down next to her and held her close like I always did when she starts to wake up. Today, I had to cut the cuddling time down to just a brief moment. It was hard to watch her struggle to open her eyes when she could definitely sleep some more.
The travel to work was great - a short bus ride and I was right there in the office. Not long enough to read anything meaningful, unfortunately. When I walked into the office, a sleek looking flat panel monitor stared back. I was in shock. Is this my office? Upon further inspection, there was a laptop underneath it so it was apparently used as the harddrive too. On top of the laptop was a USB pen. Wow Wow! No more CDs or 3x3 disks. Best of all, I spotted a black wheelable briefcase underneath one of my tables, still enclosed in the clear plastic bag. No more asking around who has the trial briefcase next time I need one. After so many years, the government is finally investing in technology to bring up efficiency.
JW
P.S. I missed my babies.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment