Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day Care

It is that time of parenthood when daycare is the nagging difficult decision. I will be back at work in two weeks and we still don't feel comfortable about what will happen. We registered Ethan at the nearby Red Apple Day Care run by Chinese. The cost is reasonable but the daycare doesn't have any playground facility. The teacher student ratio is 6 to 1, not exactly legal for kids under 2. So as we get closer to beautiful weather and Ethan utter the words "paarrk paarrk" so eloquently every morning, demanding to go out, there is this aching feeling that he will be miserable. We don't have a solution yet but I am losing sleep trying to figure out something before I go back to work. My dream is that Fedkids, the daycare in Federal Plaza, will have an opening for Ethan. It's a lot more expensive than Red Apple, but it has outdoor and indoor playgrounds. I have been told that the waiting list is long and there are only ten spots but Ethan is high up there with a few kids ahead of him. It is the time of Ethan's life when he just wants to run around to explore his world and his ability to conquer it. Can't deny that happiness if I can help it.

JW
P.S. Ethan was sick with a fever between 102 and 104 from Sunday through Wednesday. He lost appetite and could sleep well, but playful as usual. He got a virus probably from eating with dirty hands. We have to do a better job making sure he cleans his hands before he eats.




No comments: