A New Chapter Begins
Finally, on Monday March 26th, we moved to Manhattan and out of Queens. It was a crazy day for the family, but I was so relieved that the day had finally arrived. We ended up moving on Monday rather than Thursday March 22nd because according to JK's parents, it was a more auspicious day to move for the family.
After a crazy morning of continuous packing while the movers quickly moved our possesions into their truck, we drove to Manhattan and met up with the movers at our new home. There, we met up with JK's parents and Ethan. Ethan was adorable, as he was dressed in his Chinese New Year red outfit, the traditional round collar neck silk stuffed jacket with buttons going down the middle and matching pants, which now fit him perfectly. He ran all over the apartment despite the mounting boxes and stuff everywhere. It's amazing how he always manage to have fun. Then of course, I am sure he was also excited to see me, his daddy and his sister. But after the movers left, we sent his parents and Ethan off their way so we could start unpacking. There, in my anxious efforts to set up the bed with JK, I fell flat on my face. It's funny. I rarely fall but when I do, it's always fall flat on my face. It's not until a day later that I got a chance to examine the damage - yeah, lots of bruises on my legs. Thank God, my face survived the fall. So JK, poor JK, decided that it's better that he just does everything himself. So I watched with Artimus in my arms . . . telling him what to do first, second and so on. Yes, I was pretty annoying.
The rest of the week, we had Ethan staying at his grandparents so we could unpack and make the home safe for him to return. Again, I couldn't contribute much to the unpacking because Artimus was always hungry or in need of comfort. Artimus' crying was too much for JK so he demanded that I just take care of her. So each day seems like years when I was confined to the bedroom because everywhere else was too dangerous to walk through. Yet, each night JK unpacked until about 2:00 a.m. in the morning. Just when I was boiling over with concerns, JK miraculously cleared out the living room last night . . . or at 3:00 a.m. this morning. I was with him because I succeeded in putting Artimus to sleep and wake up before falling asleep myself. Now, it's just organizing things, which naturally fit into my expertise. JK was amazing in this regard.
It's been hard having a baby and moving at the same time. It has been hard on the family in every way. I don't recommend that anyone to do what we did. Then of course, when we survive this hell, we are better husband, wife and parents.
JW
P.S. Artimus was 8 lbs 1 oz at one month. She is growing but needs more calories so the doctor said do everything to make sure she is getting all that she wants to drink. That was a week ago. I will know whether Artimus overcame her low weigh stage.
Friday, March 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment