Artimus is Growing
... at least from what I can see. Artimus' one month check up is tomorrow and I can't wait to see how much she weighs now. I never fear so much that my baby may not be growing or growing enough. Ethan was always way above average in weight, height and head circumference. My Dad dropped by today. He took a look at Artimus and shook his head. He didn't verbalize his discontent but it was obvious - she still looks the same size. My determination to make breastfeeding work silenced my parents but I know when they are home they kick and scream about poor Artimus being subjected to my blind determination to breastfeeding. Their opinion do matter. I must admit that there were times, like last night, when I wanted to reach out to some formula. Afterall, Ethan turned out okay . . . except he is always sick with ear infections but otherwise he was pretty good. But I persisted despite the fear that she is not demanding enough due to the fact that she is always sleeping so I am not producing as much as I should be for a baby her age. Despite all the uncertainties, I see that she has more fat now. Most of all, she always has a wet diaper and she poops at least three times a day. So how can she not be growing? Hey, all people are different. Some people can suffice on two meals a day and snack all day while others eat like a pig but not be overweight. Babies can survive on different servings of milk too. Well, I will find out whether I can put my fears aside tomorrow.
JW
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's always the possibility that formula makes babies fat. Hope the report from the doc is good.
Post a Comment