Natural Weight Loss
Just how long does it take to eat a meal when one is nursing and running a one woman show with a newborn? It's amazing how fast I try to do everything around her meal time and naps. I nurse her for as long as 45 minutes to an hour, trying to keep her awake as much as possible. Then put her down while she is still asleep. From there, I have about one hour either to take a shower, cook and eat or just close my eyes for a quick moment. Well, I wanted to eat today because I just don't think I was eating enough. So I heated up the soup, heated up the fried rice, put them in bowls and two bites into it, she screamed. I waited to see if it escalates or just dies down. Noop, no such luck. I picked her up and from there, she wanted to nurse non-stop - as soon as I put her down, she screamed so I again tried to nurse her to sleep hoping to put her down as soon as she was drunk. After three hours, I gave up. Thanks to Francine, I slinged her and finally she remained asleep. At that point, my food was cold and unappetizing. I opted for a glass of milk and yogert straight from the refrigerator. Forget about hot food. No time for that eventhough they were already precooked by my wonderful mother and nicely stored in the fridge. May be when she sleeps longer. then I can really eat a hot meal with no interruptions. Meanwhile, I am looking slimmer each day. Now, it's time to wash the dishes - Ahh, all work and no hot food in the stomach.
JW
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment