Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A New Chapter?

We are moving to Manhattan next Thursday. I am so excited, I can't wait. Mainly because Ethan is with his grandmother just several blocks from our new home and I haven't seen him for two days. He won't be coming back to Queens because JK went back to work on Monday but there is still a whole apartment to pack for the move. It's exciting and yet I am full of anxiety. There will be so much to unpack so that we can settle in. Meanwhile, I want Ethan back with us as soon as we move out. Hopefully, both Artimus and I would have fought off the cold. She is not running a temperature but that violent cough is waking her from otherwise peaceful sleep.

As I sit in this sun-filled one bedroom apartment, memories of good times in the past five years just kept streaming into my head. From the time JK came to help me and my Dad fix up this apartment, to my first burnt pizza but which JK devoured completely, and the "crab-feast" when I introduced friends to my new home and we all ate too many crabs. Then there were the New Years Eve parties, homemade brunch with a few friends, all-night brief writings (like doing high school papers except much longer), and of course, many late nights spent with Risk fanatics, myself included. Not to mention marrying JK who soon became very much a part of this apartment, and my life. Then the products of our union, Ethan and Artimus, made this apartment even more memorable -- Ethan's first steps, first run and all his laughters, and Artimus' quiet demeanor . . . and her coughs. It's them that got us to throw all our resources together to move to Manhattan. I guess it is time to move on to a bigger space and bigger responsibilities.

I can't wait to move and to start a whole new set of memories in our new home. To the Risk fanatics - get ready for the challenge! And to the mothers and fathers, there will be playdates at our home.

JW


No comments: