She is Running a Temperature
I don't think there is anything worse than watching one's two week old baby cough, congested and runs a temperature - not a high temperature but she is hot. I guess that's what happens when I am sick with a cold and cough. I hope I don't have to take her to the Intensive Care Unit. Life seems so out of control these days.
This weekend, I hit Ethan on the face to show him that it hurts to be hit. This happened after Ethan smacked Artimus' head hard after a few tender touches. That day Ethan had been sternly told not to do that many times, and no words of reasoning seemed to have penitrated his head. The worse thing was right after I hit his face, JK also sternly told him he could not hit his little sister. Ethan stared at the two of us and backed away with his eyes wide open and a look of shock. I must say, it was an aweful sight to see him look that way and naturally back away from us. His happy jolly self disappeared for that moment, replaced with surprise/shock. He definitely meant no harm to Artimus. I just didn't know how to protect Artimus from him besides showing him how hitting hurts. But at that moment, hitting was more of emotional injury than physical injury for Ethan. JK then hugged Ethan to give him reassurance that we just didn't want to see him hit Artimus anymore. Ethan was soon back to his old happy self, coming toward Artimus and "touching" her head again. So that moment quickly came and went. Nonetheless, I wonder if Ethan really forgot that moment when we both used a stern voice at him, and I hit his face. Frankly, it hurts me more to hit him so I don't think I can do it again.
I came to the conclusion that there is no way to take care of both of them in the same space at this time. Although I miss Ethan tremendously when he is not around, I think that is the best thing to do for the next week or so until we finally move to Manhattan - into a bigger apartment. The most beautiful fact about kids is that they hold no grudges. Just show them love and they will return it with all their heart. I guess that's why people never fail to fall in love with them.
Anyway, Artimus got sick from me, after I got sick from Ethan. We are all still sick. I hope our guardian angels show their generosity again.
JW
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment