Boys
I always hear the term "terrible twos". Ethan appears to have been "terrible" since seventeen months. He just finished his eighteen months and I can't imagine it get worse than what we are experiencing. May be we had just been too busy doing adult things like packing, unpacking, renovating, moving and so on. He wails often and cries until he gets his way. I am probably the only one who did not subcumb to his crying and burst his tricks. Today he cried when I refused to let him get into the master bedroom to touch Artimus and he cried like he was in extreme torture. Then he threw a penny at me which he had in his hand. Interestly, I caught it and sternly asked him what he thought he was doing. He stopped crying and looked at him with the expression that he knew he did something really wrong. I told him never to throw anything at his mother again. So Ethan knows who he can pick on and who he can't. In the two months that I have left in my maternity leave, I have to put some discipline in him. That can only do him good.
In contrast to Ethan, Artimus has been such a pleasure. She only cries when she is hungry or in want of my presence. Nursing has truly provided the opportunity for bonding that I never had with Ethan. I hope this makes a lifetime of difference.
JW
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment