My Weakness
Artimus and I have bonded in every way. Her gazes, on her adorable face, communicate "I want you mommy. Come pick me up please!" If that didn't get my attention, there is always the calling out, "hey" followed by another "hey" 30 seconds later if I did not respond, which I often don't. When all the heys fail, she cries with this out of breathe way that I think would draw every mother to their babies. So when I pick her up and kiss her, everything is normal again and she just looks around to enjoy the straight up view of the world. Picking her up was alright when she used to sleep at least one hour at a time. Now, she refuses to fall asleep unless she is being nursed. So I am her mother and a.k.a. her pacifier. Today, I have gotten only stuff to drink and some snack because she refused to be put down. Thinking she was hungry, I nursed her as I tried to do everything else. It's not so bad but my arms are tired and my back is aching. How long can I continue to indulge her? I do want her brain to grow and that happens when she is sleeping, as I hear. I must stop nursing her exclusively and give her a bottle once a day, with breast milk. Hopefully that will stop the spoiling process. Afterall, I'll have to go back to work in less than two months.
JW
Monday, April 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment