Daddy's New Found Joy
I don't think JK or his family was in any ways excited about the birth of Artimus. They were expecting another addition to the family but not excited like they were when Ethan was about to be born. During the entire pregnancy, JK was planning a third and hoping that would be a boy to continue the Ho family line. JK's mom often said it's really a boy or no one knows if it's a boy or a girl until the child is born. Well, Artimus has been a lovely joy to at least JK. Don't know about the others since they don't see Artimus that often. They were not anxious to see her anyways.
Now, Daddy often says he has no idea why he wanted a boy so much when a girl is such a perfect addition to our family. JK often holds her and expresses the most gentleness in tone and language that I have not seen him with Ethan. He sings too and gives her abundant kisses. He loves Ethan dearly of course. We miss him a lot when we don't see him but when we do, it is always a lot of work - cleaning after him, feeding him and putting him to sleep. He also demands all our attention. It's that age of toddlerhood. Although we both want him to grow maturer so we can be less tired and frustrated, I know we will both miss this innocent and wild phrase of his life in which he explores his freedom of movement and quest for cause and effect.
I just put Artimus to sleep. It's already 2:30 p.m. and we woke up together at about 7:30 this morning. She sleeps through the night from 11:00 p.m. to about 7:00 a.m. everyday, with minor variations. I co-sleep with her and nurse her when she stirs so she got use to not waking up. Hopefully this continues and I can sleep through the night with her when I go back to work. What a dream come true. I use to think that this only happens to other parents' young babies. I just have to work on putting her to sleep more during the day. She is quite attach to me physically and would open her eyes and coos or yell a bit as soon as I put her down. Little people are so smart.
JW
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment