Separation Anxiety
Finally, I got a business trip that gave me a legitimate reason to be away from the kids. This means a lot - sleep and rest are among the most craved. But I ended up not getting much of both by most standards. It's a real working trip and I am up late doing work, and only squeezing in dinner with a colleague if time permitted. I feel good on the one hand, and lonely on the other. I miss these little creatures. Their everyday little troubles and joys filled my life after work, and these troubles gave me giggles. Ethan's latest anguish is Alex, his friend since two, doesn't play with him sometimes and told him he was not invited to the birthday party. Ethan claimed Alex' words hurt his feelings, and Alex "is not his friend anymore." Then Ethan turned around and told Artimus that she was a bad girl because she wanted to wash his hair and he didn't like that. What happened next? Artimus came crying to me, "He hurt my feelings. I want Ethan to say sorry to me." Sounds familiar? I guess we adults behave the same way, but with more sophisticated words and style. I miss these little creatures - they love so fully, with so much purity and raw feelings. Who could deny love? When I called them tonight, which is the 3rd night since I have been away, they were busy telling me what they were doing (playing race cars or something). They did not even ask when I'll be back! It looks like they could live without me ... at least for a few days.
On another note, last weekend we were at Sesame Place. It was great! Who could resist water splashing all over you on a hot summer day? Oh, Daddy got me to go on the roller coaster ride with Artimus, because she was of the right height this year. Smarty Ethan insisted that he wanted to sit next to Daddy, who he thinks could "protect" him. This was a kiddy amusement park, with a kiddy roller coaster. But I tell ya, I thought I was going to fall out of that seat, with my little Artimus flying out into space with me. Needless to say, I lost my voice. NEVER AGAIN!
I miss them. Can't wait for them to sneak into my bed in the middle of the night when I get back. Feeling their little bodies next to mine makes me feel ... love.
JW
Wednesday, August 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment