Fresh Air and Greens
We took off to the country early this morning, throwing into the bag just barely what we needed. It must be the weather, or Artimus and Ethan really grew up to be more pleasant by the day. We had a calm and easy ride up to the house we were invited to ... by Ethan's admirer. Good looks do help, even at age 4. I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw him acting like a man with a girlfriend. He drove this pink barbie jeep with just one arm, and his "girlfriend" insisted on being the passenger. They even sat by themselves under an apple tree, just chating and laughing away. By night, Ethan wanted to sleep with her, who sleeps with her sister and mom in one big bed. I allowed it, knowing that he'll crawl back to my bed at some point in the night. Well, he couldn't fall asleep at all ... ah, what a surprise! In my arms, he fell asleep like a baby. In fact, both Artimus and Ethan were dead asleep by the time they fell asleep. They had so much fun, they went to bed very happy. Perhaps, that's what they needed - friendship and lots of fun things to do in wide open spaces. We were also in great company - a relaxed couple with beautiful girls.
The fresh air is giving me therapy from the busy rush that define most of my days. Ethan and Artimus are also such pleasant and fun children to spend time with. I am so happy today just spending time with them, watching them run about happily just being kids. It's also relaxing to share with friends I really like. JK is not here with us. This is the first trip with the kids by myself. It's not so bad. In fact, it's great!
Saturday, August 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment