Balance of Work and Family
Ahh, what's that? Even though JK is still in Utah, I worked last Sunday and I worked late two days in a row, getting home at almost 8:00 o'clock. My children are truly blessed with a good grand-mother. She looks after them with patience and joy even though she is tired. I am not so blessed because there is so much work that the work is spilling into my time with the kids. Poor Artimus has been coughing pretty badly in the last two nights and there is no medicine for a 3.5 year old. So we both had very little sleep. (She had no fever so I am just going to keep an eye on her.) I am so tired. If JK doesn't return soon, I think I'll crash. Thank God for having a maid, despite only a few hours a week. She did the laundry today and Artimus will have her own underwears rather than her brother's. I really don't know how other single parents who couldn't afford a maid get by and stay sane, let alone raising healthy and happy kids.
As soon as the craziness at work is done, I'll be scheming how to keep TV to a minimum and make reading and creating beautiful artwork our routine. I really believe that TV makes kids less able to control their temperament, in addition to other important side effects like not as smart or social as kids who do not watch a lot of TV.
Hope you are doing well, and enjoying the sun. Just wish the rain comes already so the humidity goes down.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment