Conversations
Are kids natural comedians? JK flew to Utah for business on Sunday. He called on Tuesday night, and Artimus said to him, in her as-a-matter-of-fact way, "Daddy, I really miss you. I want you to come back in 5 minutes, okay?"
At 9:45 pm, I finally turned off the light, making good my threat that after 9:00 pm, they do not get to read any books. The CD was playing the most soothing music - the same one every night. Artimus sat up, against my other threats again opening their eyes or mouth, and said, again in her as-a-matter-of-fact way, "Mommy, I think one of my teeth fell in my throat." I said, "It's not possible so put your head back down on the pillow, NOW!" Two seconds later, she sat up, "Mommy, where is the the ball Ethan got me from the dentist?" Exasperated, I said, "I don't know. We'll look for it tomorrow. Pleeeeease close your eyes and your mouth." In response, she said, "Okay, mommy." One second later, she sat up, "Mommy, I think I found my baby. It's on my bed." The baby is her toy baby. "Great. Now sleep." I kept my eyes on the computer, ignoring them. In the darkness, and from the corner of my eyes, I saw her tossing and turning and I thought I saw her swinging her pillow around. Then she talked to herself in whispers. I had no idea what she was saying to herself. Aaaaaaaaaa! She is so cute and so exasperating! Then she rapped, and then she played with her saliva, making all sorts of noise.
Home feels like another world. It's more hectic but it's also more fun. Everyday is a different adventure!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment