Sunday, April 11, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

Ethan is now a pro at his new scooter.  We scoot everywhere.  He promised he would help me practice with my new scooter.  For the life of me, I just find walking faster and less strenuous.  I also realized I am not very good at balancing.  So what do I hear when I start walking with the scooter?  "Mommy, practice makes perfect!  You have to get back on the scooter!"  Ahh, I wanted to talk him out of telling me how much fun it is to scoot but I am thinking hard before I say a word.  For a mother who constantly tells her kids to get up and try again, and practice-makes-perfect, what would he learn if I tell him I am just not good at scooting and I don't have to like or be good at everything?  I think for a 4 year old, it's pretty confusing.  So I don't think I have a choice.  I have to learn to use that scooter this summer.  I'll just practice till I can do it.  What was I thinking when I told him we'll scoot around town together this summer?  Aaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

No comments: