My Smart Little Sweet Thing
I am working late again today. I mean really late, say after 11:00 pm. I figure if I work late I'll miss seeing the kids so I might as well work very late to get more writing done.
I called home at 9:30 pm, just before the light goes out and they have to hit the bed. The first thing that came out of Artimus was, "Mommy, I want you to come home and sleep in your own bed." Well, where else could I go? I promised her I would not sleep in my office, and I would sleep in my own bed. Ethan asked what I was doing. I explained that I have work I must finish. Then we "hugged" and "kissed" over the phone before we hung up. It's a bedtime ritual that I can't let them forget.
Artimus and Ethan are really growing up. I am learning that they could live without me, even if they really miss me. This is a good thing.
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment