Saturday, March 06, 2010

A Little Down

I am a little down, not the kids.  There was a moment today when I just questioned whether I could handle it all alone as a single mom.  Yes, daddy is always around despite our separation.  But financially, we are quite separate.  I was to take over all medical bills this year on.  After what I thought was a thorough look-around for a good health insurance plan in my job, on our first visit to the pediatrician's for Artimus' 3 year check up, I was told by the pediatrician that they do not take GHI.  For the first time, I felt the weight of having no health insurance.  Even on a regular annual visit, which is a routine check up, the cost was an arm and a leg - $285.00, after some major discount.  How do people with no health insurance but who have health problems handle it?  This experience made me question whether I have too much on my plate and not enough mental power to do things right.  I need to reevaluate how I get things done and look for room to improve so I don't make this type of big mistake again.  Meanwhile, I'll be searching for a pediatrician who takes GHI. 

Another lesson learned today - GHI does not pay its doctors enough so doctors are dropping GHI left and right. 

As for the single moms out there handling it all, and who still have a good spirit, I applaud you.  This is a tough road to travel.

1 comment:

EY said...

Hang in there Joane! You'll get through it!