Anxious Anticipation
Do you still remember the days when you wait anxiously, with all the excitement one can have, for something to be delivered? And you were right there at home waiting for it? As much as it was exciting to anticipate such a delivery, you must agree it was torturous too.
Ethan earned his razor mini kick scooter and I mistakenly told him that it would be delivered today. Well, the scooter is in transit to be delivered today. The mistake was in telling him because he has been at the door every few minutes checking if the delivery arrived. The babysitter couldn't even convince him to go out for a bike ride. When I called a few minutes ago, Ethan's first words were, "How many more minutes, Mommy? Is it here yet?" Huh, what should I say? My poor little boy. I told him the package won't get there any sooner just because he is at the door wishing that it arrives. I told him to just go to the playground in the back of the building and have fun. Ethan said he'll have fun at home with his trains and train tracks. Then he couldn't wait to get off the phone so he can go back to door-watching.
I hope the scooter arrives as scheduled. Otherwise, Ethan will bug me till I want to jump out the window.
Is there a better word to describe Ethan's feelings than anxious anticipation?
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anticipation is 9/10ths of the joy of something. For me, it's the time leading to our trip to China, which is what makes me keep going amid all the busy-ness of life of late.
I always remember what I did to earn rewards but not always the reward itself. 'course, it's the lifetime memories that are the true reward.
Post a Comment