Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Head Injuries and Heartaches

Our heads are designed with quite amazing qualities. It is designed to absorb most physical shock. I am no expert in this simple concept but I am certainly a believer after seeing Ethan fell and bang his forehead - left, center, and right - so often that there is not one week in the past two months when he did not have a black and blue growth on his forehead. Still, he is active as usual. I thought that was all the heartaches until yesterday, when daddy flew off his bike over the handle bar and landed face first. The rushed morning heading out to work ended up with me rushing him to the emergency room at Bellevue Hospital. No, daddy still looks good to me . . . except the face has extra black and blue paddings and scraps. Luckily, the CAT scans showed no fractures so in a few weeks, like may be three, he will be normal looking again. Ethan may want to get close to daddy again . . . and not Frankenstein. Hey, no costumes for daddy tomorrow, just his patient covering is sufficient.

I thought the female in the family are safe until I lost grip of her in one of her newly learned kicks off the person holding her and she landed . . . head first on our wooden floor, surprise! So everyone sustained a head injury except for me. Of course, by night, after all have been hurt, my heart was left to ache, especially for baby girl, who is only 8 months. I just hope the injury was superficial and she will be as smart as she should be.

JW
My sister gave birth to a healthy little boy last Friday10/26. Best of all, God was with her in a difficult surgery. It's worth a celebration that she is alive to be a mother to all her beautiful children.

No comments: