Biking and Biting
I joined the Lower East Side parent's forum back in May when it got started. Yesterday, I went to the Mom's night out and met some of the mothers on the forum. It was wonderful to talk about Ethan and all the issues I thought he has. I am told by mothers of boys that it's completely normal for him to want to bite more than he want to hit, even though both are not good behavior. I got some ideas on how to start addressing the biting issue differently . . . Ethan really doesn't bite these days unless he is extreme frustrated either upon the sight of baby girl being cuddled or he was being stopped from doing something he wanted to do. I am also rethinking homecare versus daycare. Perhaps Ethan needs more structured learning and socialization than we realize.
Aside from the same biting issue, Ethan is really growing up to be a healthy active little boy. Just two weeks ago, he started to manipulate his tricycle so well that he can roll it backward and forward without hitting anything in the path. He was specifically talented in getting through the narrow hallway with its twists and turns in the apartment without hitting the walls. I was stunned . . . Omm did I miss something in between? I remember having to guide him with the string attached to the tricycle just days ago! Not only can he understands commands and what I was telling him, Ethan now can repeat after me if he hears something he wanted to say. He also loves to read and would take off his pacifier in exchange for reading time with mommy or daddy. Yup, we are still struggling with him about the pacifier at night. He still doesn't know his ABCs or numbers but we just got him some concept cards, which he really loved. Still wondering if I should buy those Chinese flash cards since the nannies could teach him those.
Baby girl is just adorable. She started to blow her lips to create sound and to play with her saliva. There were times when I went to check on her and find her face wet with spatters of her own saliva. Of course, when I tried to record it with the camera, she doesn't do it! Oh, another interesting thing is that she can care less for the jumperoo but she loves the exercelsor. Ethan was just the opposite. Oh, I miss the days when Ethan was just jumping and yelling on the jumperoo!
JW
P.S. JK realized how critical I was to a peaceful night!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment