Sunday, June 08, 2014

Mommy-daughter Night

Sweet is a natural word to describe Artimus. She is just ... sweet.  Nights alone can be lonely, especially when noisy kids are replaced with silence.  Artimus read "Big Brag" to me with the likes of real storytellers, pausing at the right interval to have eye contacts with the listener.  You can imagine - my heart melted.  My sweetheart is growing up.  How do I capture her sweet innocent voice?  I fear my memory will fail me as I age.

Her curious point of view and laughter are captivating and contagious.  It's said that my life seems to have an emptiness that overwhelmed all that I should be enjoying.

She slept in my embrace, breathing softly.  Those bright innocent eyes finally got some rest.

When she woke up, she asked if she could play.  I whispered a faint, "yes", being still fatigue from nights of sleeplessness.  My sweetheart gave me a beautiful rainbow colored necklace made with rubber bands, short enough for her and long enough for me.

This mother-daughter night saved me.

No comments: