I don't know how Artimus gets honor roll every year, but I am glad she got it. She never studies and always day dreams when she does her homework. I never have the time nor the energy to review her homework or to help her study for her exams. In fact, I never seem to know when her exams were and she never seems to know herself. But she comes home with 100s and sometimes 80s and 90s. She always brushed off low grades, and always made sure I saw her good grades. I hope Artimus learns to learn on her own and be motivated for her own sake. I don't want to be the kind of parent who is more motivated about good grades than the kids themselves.
Ethan, on the other hand, just does everything fast. Over the year, he went from being a 70's student to a 90's or 100 student. He is aiming to be on honor roll. He didn't make it in the mid-term marking period. He is aiming for now since he did really well in the final exams. Again, I don't know when these exams happened but Ethan came home with good grades. Given that I never see them study, I am just proud of them. Hopefully, they will learn to learn and figure out a way to learn effectively.
They are my angels. They both opted to be in my bed and I couldn't resist. They keep me feeling loved, wanted and needed.
Ethan complained that I did not attend anything at his school this year. It's true. Tomorrow I am going to attend his awards ceremony. I missed Artimus' today. Artimus is always forgiving so she never mentioned it.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment