It suffices to say that when all else fails to get Ethan and Altimus to do something mundane but vital to normal life, like taking a shower or eating dinner, the offer of strawberry popsicle or ice-cream (whatever flavor) would get them moving in that direction. This primitive response to getting what one wants is more powerful than one may imagine. Kids' experience is just a simpler and more direct expression of human nature. As an adult, money appears to replace the tempting effect of candy. I must admit, having a maid would be so wonderful. After firing the last one 9 months ago, I have been craving for one who I can really trust to be in my home alone for two to three hours a week and one who is also not over priced. No luck so far. I sometimes dream of being able to hire a full time maid who can also cook a healthy meal at night so I don't have to work so much. I am just tired and money could have solved that problem. Most of all, every creative part of me is dying for a little waking time when I have the energy to paint, make jewelry or read a book. With all the cleaning, laundry, and cooking, I barely have time to sit down.
Temptations to give in to certain acts or thoughts are inevitable. Who doesn't want to have more free time to play and not work? But we are judged by what we are willing to do when we are weak, as well as when we are strong. One day, when I look back, I hope to be proud of a creative solution I have come up with for my fatigue, or that I have simply persevered.
... one positive thought about chores - I don't have to pay a gym membership to workout! Yay!!!!
And here is a picture one of them took of me at a corner I often find myself ...
Sunday, September 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just think in about ten years, they will want the purse and watch which you think are too expensive. Ice cream will not do the trick then. So be prepare. By the way, stay strong.
Post a Comment