Did We Get the Flu?
The whole family has been sick since the middle of December and I am beginning to forget how it feels like to be well. Ethan was better with just a cough two days ago, and he is now back with a runny nose. I can't imagine the weather had nothing to do with it because it felt like below 10 degrees yesterday. Meanwhile, Ethan pressed on with, "no scarf . . . don't want it . . . NO." Instead of strangling him on the street, I just let him experience the cold with my incessant nagging that it's cold. The worst was probably feeling Artimus like a little hot potato by my side last night. She was congested and got a very high temperature. So naturally, she was fussy. Thank God for the beco baby carrier - she was able to fall asleep while sitting up and close to me. Unfortunately, I had to walk around in the middle of the night, half asleep and extremely tired. My own cold and sore throat felt worse, but who cares about the mother when the babies are sick?! Nevertheless, when the sun came up, the routines kept the family going - Daddy wakes up to get ready to work, then I wake up, shower, get dress while Daddy kiss everybody goodbye (or not sometimes), run to catch the bus, drop off Ethan to day care, and run to work.
I wonder when we'll all finally fight off this illness of sore throat, cough and runny nose. Meanwhile, we just want to stay away from everybody until we get better. Hopefully by Chinese New Year, we would all forget how it feels to be sick and can enjoy the festivities.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
-JW
Friday, January 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment