Two Year Check Up
I thought it would be a nightmare taking Ethan to the doctor on my own. But he proved me wrong. He just sat in his carseat looking out the window the whole time I drove to and from his doctor. He only asked to be carried when he saw that we were heading into the doctor's building. Ethan was not clingyi, which was normal. I told him to play with all those truck toys in the play area but he wasn't comfortable. I guess he was having a little anxiety. So I played with him. He was amazingly attentive. When a 16 month old girl arrived, he even tried to lure her to play with him. Nonetheless, when his name was called, he stood at the doorway reluctant to enter the examination room. Well, still, other than crying from the top of his lungs, 'cause he did get two shots, he didn't kick or throw himself around. Thank God 'cause I wouldn't have had enough strength to hold down this 30 lb kid. Yes, his weight is 75 percentile and his height is still between 75 and 90 percentile. This is certainly in keeping with his past record - he is a 75 percentile kid. His sister Artimus is a 50 percentile baby. The doctor pronounced him healthy and I left happily holding his little, but not so little anymore, hand.
JW
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment