Sick Again
I have not been so sick so frequently ever before. But since September or so, I have been sick with only may be a week or two in between when I was not sick. It appears that Daddy was almost always the first in the family to get sick. Then Ethan would catch it. Then I would catch it from being overwhelmed with two sick people. I am tired of being sick and not feeling one hundred percent. On top of that, I have to take care of Ethan and still try to do what a normal mother/wife/woman would do - cook and clean up the messy home. Well, I just don't feel up to it when I am coughing up a storm and have no energy to get up from the sofa. The problem is, the sight of a mess and food getting spoiled makes me feel even more sick and annoyed. Since I have been sick so often, I forgot how a clean home is suppose to look. I am just so upset with the home getting messy and I am the only one who appears to notice any of it that I just don't see the point of cleaning -- it will be messy again after I clean in a matter of a few hours or sometimes a few minutes. I have two messy babies at home and mommy is just tired. My pregnancy is also making me feel loose all over, especially the hip bones and muscles so getting up meant pain and walking meant heavyness all over. So that's my complaint.
Today is the day the family has health insurance coverage again. Ethan is definitely infected with whatever I got from JK. He coughs loudly and has had a fever of over 101 for the past two days. I have no doubt that he has a strep throat. It's now a few minutes before 4:00 a.m. and I hear him crying again. I know his throat is in pain and he can't cough out his flem because he doesn't know how to. Poor thing. Unfortunately, today is Sunday so he will have to wait another day before we can take him to his pediatrician first thing Monday morning.
As for me, I need antibiotics NOW. My coughs are so violent I could feel the little one in me squeezed and bounced all over whenever the coughing episodes hit. From the google search, this should not harm the baby. I hope so. I am two months from my due date and I really can't afford to be sick anymore. In fact, I should be getting stronger and more fit each day in preparation for that very exhausting and painful day of labor. How I can make sure I don't get sick again? I don't know anymore. I thought I was on the right track until this strep throat infection came along last week. Is it just me, JK and Ethan who appear to be sick all the time this Fall and Winter? Or is this the experience of most people? Oh, God help us!
JW
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment