Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Necessary Commitment

The letter read something like, "We are pleased to inform you that you have been approved to live in a cooperative located in Manhattan with 24 hour doorman service, 24 hour gym, 24 laundry facilities, and lots of play space for your kids." Well, at least that's what I remember the letter said. So we were pleased and got ready to dream about closing in the first week of January. Would love to close in December but our bridge financing is not available until the first week of January. I don't like to borrow money in general so we'll just stick to family borrowing for a month or two. We are in contract to sell the lovely one bedroom we are living in now so cash is flowing in soon. All in all, I feel lucky and fortunate that we can have more time with our children in a bigger space soon. Most of all, JK and I may be able to have a life despite having two children since restaurants and other hangout places are that much closer to home and to his mother who may be able to babysit for an hour or two while we try to date again . . . rekindle some old memories of hand-holding etc. Yup, it's a huge mortgage, but anything for love and family.

JW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!
Can't wait to see the place.
Let me know how I can help with the transition process.

Unknown said...

Yes, anything for love or family!!!

Now if only I can remember to call Yao Shen by Ethan...

Uncle Kam