Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Already Exhibiting the Family Trait

Just last week, we noticed a little singer in our mist. He sings whenever and wherever . . . twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are, up above the sky so high . . .

Well, may be I should be more clear. Little Ethan nose-sings the song, but I noticed the notes immediately. It was then that I realized the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkel Little Star share the same music. I wouldn't have known but for the fact that I had to figure out which song Ethan was so constantly singing to himself while he eats, pee, poop, or just walking about the apartment exploring his world. Yeah, I used to do that too before he was born . . . singing everywhere. (But not when I eat pee or poop. That's Ethan's thing.) Those were the more relaxing days and singing is relaxing. Then I noticed JK started doing that too. So sometimes we would do a duet rather than talk . . . so an argument is in the form of a song . . . I would sing one line and he would answer with another. The note changes depending on the intensity of the discussion or argument. So we rarely had fights . . . just arguments sung out in songs. Those memories were great . . . at times calling each other names while we sing like we were performing in an opera. Yup, it's hard to remember we ever argued since we always had so much fun. So may be a fetus does hear the mother's voice while still in the womb. Little Ethan loves to sing. Can't wait till he picks up another melody.

No comments: