Artimus is a joy. Easygoingness and openness to try new ideas are invaluable to make a day of adventure pure fun. We embarked on a journey to draw what we see today. Artimus took this to heart and started drawing as soon as we got on the train. She drew from her imagination. And she drew what she saw whenever she could. We stopped by AnnTaylor when we happened to be near a big store and I asked her to sit and draw while I browsed. Artimus was beyond my expectation in finding things of interest in AnnTaylor. She drew clothes, shoes, and a man waiting for someone in a sitting area. She drew quickly and showed her vibrant spirit in the things she drew.
But when we got to the MET and we started drawing together, she was disappointed and even sad that she couldn't draw as well as me. She refused to show me her drawings. Then she teared up saying she doesn't know how to draw. I took her to the impressionists and expressionists to show her art is not about drawing things exactly as they were. I explained that we all interpret our world. She felt better and kept drawing. She is truly my angel.
Ethan did not want to go to the MET and watch us draw. He opted to wait for the grand parents' watch him. When Artimus and I were done and arrived at he ex-inlaw's apartment, Ethan was so happy he was ready to leave right away. We did after Artimus had some fruits.
Ethan and Artimus hug people freely now, after I explained that hugging improves people's immune system. Ethan is so logical!
JW
Tuesday, July 01, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment