Saturday, April 13, 2013

Growing Up Too Fast

I can't believe Ethan is at my shoulder and Artimus is just about five inches shorter than Ethan!  They are growing up so fast I can't remember how they used to be before they were able to talk.  Now, Ethan knows to listen carefully to what we say and to respond in such a way that would please us.  He is also turning out to be quite a chess master - today, he beat me in 4 moves.  I would never have thought that even a month ago.  Artimus, the master manipulator who tells so many detailed stories about everything, never fails to get our ears even though we know she exaggerates.  She is such a good storyteller, and so good at describing what is going on while videotaping with our iphones that it's actually fun to review her videos.  Just today, I dawned on me that she may be a natural reporter.

They warm my heart and fill my days with joy.  They are so simple and so true!  All they wanted each day is to have fun!  They want to play chess, or a family game of Blokus.  They are so competitive that it's actually fun for everybody.  I can't wait to play other more complicated games, like monopoly and civilizations.

Today, daddy took them out to play basketball and soccer.  They were so happy, just like little kids should.  Forget ballet!  We have to trim down so we have more time for the priceless moments of just being together and having fun!


Sleeping beauty, before I had to wake her up for school.



First lost tooth in March.


My camera-shy boy, at the pediatrician's.

No comments: