Monday, August 20, 2012

Life Is Humbling

Living life never fails to be a humbling experience.  Just when the pimple on my face or the extra freckle begins to bother me, I am reminded of how lucky I am - healthy and a parent of two beautiful children.

A friend ("H") today said that the most important in life is taking care of one's health because without it, one can't take care of anyone else or doing anything fun.  His younger sister ("B"), also a friend, was diagnosed with lung cancer a few months ago.  H and B have the sibling relationship to die for - they just love, adore, and care for each other like no other sibling I have ever met.  For example, they meet everyday for lunch and talk.  I barely talk to my twin sister two times a week over the phone!  I met H for dinner tonight.  His eyes told me how much he had gone through and how much pain he is still going through.    But B is the strength - she lives to take on the fight to live a normal life for as long as she can and as much as she can tell the world about lung cancer.  Hurray to B for being strong for all the lung cancer patients!  B reminds of true beauty and strength.


No comments: