Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Terrible Night

Yup, it was one of those days when terrible things just happened.  at 10:00 pm, just as the kids were ready for bed, and Ethan had already fallen asleep, a loud noise of water bursting from somewhere started.  As it turned out, it had something to do with the dishwasher.  Within five minutes, the kitchen floor was filled with 1.5 inch of water.  I was in a panic.  The steam from the hot water did not allow me to see the knobs under kitchen sink.  I went to the bathroom and turned any knob I could to see if that would help.  As it turned out, it worked.  It was then that I realized Artimus was crying and was panicking from seeing my panic behavior.  I told her to calm down while trying to assess the situation.  It was then that the maintenance guys came and used their wet vacuum to suck out all the water.  I was thankful since there would have been no way to take out so much water on my own.

The lesson was a hard one: shit happens.  We are judged by how we deal with our problems.  I am thankful we are safe and no major damage occurred other than warped wood kitchen cabinets from now on.

Note:  It is my intent to resume regular postings.

No comments: