Friday, December 10, 2010

Tiger, Chicky, and Piggy

The roaring noise from Mommy always annoyed them because it always came at the most inconvenient time to their daily play.  Well, like just as Ethan was in the mist of folding the best ever paper airplane, or as Artimus was about to accomplish with her little fingers, for the first time, in putting a stylish plastic dress on a little doll.  Mommy was the tiger, who they stared with their angry eyes and who they shunned their sharp little ears.  For what do they care about eating or drinking, or washing their hands, or bathing, or brushing their teeth, or, God forbid, sleeping?!  Yesterday, the tiger in me just wanted to eat them up.  So I picked up Ethan and I roared in his ears while carrying him into the bathroom for his daily teeth-brushing.  I roared like a tiger and I threatened to eat up this skinny chick, butt first, unless his mouth opens for his daily cleaning.  Unfortunately, he couldn't stop laughing.  Then little piggy, hearing the laughter, got in front of the bathroom door and went, "Oink Oink".  Well, what was tiger mom supposed to do?  Let little juicy piggy go?  Didn't she walk into the tiger's den?  ... they melted in their own giggly laughters. 

Acting like a kid made the routines less challenging.  Laughter is also such medicine to the soul.  After more than five years, I am still wondering what works with these fun loving kids.  Perhaps the thing to do is to just have fun.

Happy Friday.

No comments: