Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Christmas Tree

It is unimaginable, as an adult in my 30's, the joys of getting a very big Christmas Tree for a 3.5 and a 5 year old.  They were laughing, joking, and singing all the way home.  I got the young man selling the tree to come home with us to put the tree up.  He spoke three languages, which the kids were amazed about.  Then it was all about making sure it's accessible to Santa when he drops off the gifts.  So yup, it's by the window.  I  managed to hold them off from decorating the tree because Ethan still had homework to do. 

After getting the tree, and dropping the young man back at his street corner, we drove to one of my favorite lunch place for dinner.  Ethan is at the age where he wants to know what I do during my work day, while he is in school.  So he was the one who said we should have dinner at a restaurant I always go to for lunch.  There, at Nam, which was a quite restaurant, I had to keep them entertained.  Thank God I was in a good mood.  Otherwise, I don't know how I could have lip sang all the wonderful 90's songs while waiting for the food.  They were mesmerized by my talents and dramatic acts.  Perhaps, one day, they'll keep me entertained while waiting for the food too.

All in all, we had a wonderful time getting our tree.  Tonight, we'll bring it to life, our style!  Stay tuned!

No comments: