Memories
Until the last week or so, I did not realize Ethan had such strong memories for some of his experiences. The other day he reminded me of a bus breaking down on our way home, and we had to get off and hop on another bus. He must have been 2 or may be 3 years old. Then tonight, while I was trying to get them to sleep before 10:00 pm, he went to his bedroom closet and found the boogie board I had bought him when we went to Bermuda two and a half years ago, just a few days before he turned two. He remembered exactly what the board was for and that he had used it "a long time ago" in the water.
I think it's time to lock my door when I change my clothes. He has not been respecting my rule that mommy needs her privacy. Ahh, he is growing up. I can't believe he is not a baby anymore.
In school, he is learning all sorts of stuff from his friends. He demonstrated to Artimus how to make a gun using his fingers. Then he tells me all sorts of truths (i.e. "Do you know that a penguin jumps into the icy cold water and swim?" "Do you know that the birds sing in the morning to wake us all up?" "Do you know that when I cry that means I am really tired?" etc etc). This is truly an amazing age.
I am going to withhold stories of my early morning drama with Ethan everyday, which he understands he is the one responsible for our arguments. I can't get him to go to school on time because he knowingly refuses to put on his shoes etc. He is growing up. It will be nice if he would just get dressed in time in the morning by himself and head to school without whining.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment